- To the capital of Catalonia
- In the land of flamenco
- Children's paradise on the Costa Dorada
A lazy beach vacation can bore a traveler on the second day, if he is used to enthusiastically exploring the surroundings of the resort and getting acquainted with local attractions. A long stay in the sun is also not very useful, and therefore after the first days of relaxation, the time for excursions inevitably comes. It is a pleasure to travel in Spain from Salou, whether your rental car or a tourist bus as your means of transportation. A huge selection of routes and destinations will allow you to create your own Spanish adventure plan on the blessed shores of the Costa Dorada.
To the capital of Catalonia
The rating of excursions in Spain from Salou is invariably topped by a trip to Barcelona. The standard option includes a city tour with a Russian-speaking guide, a visit to the main attractions of the Catalan capital and lunch at one of the local restaurants. Salou and Barcelona are separated by 90 km. The ticket price for such a trip is about 60 euros for an adult and 45 euros for a child. The tour lasts about 8-10 hours, depending on the number of hotels where the participants live and the route in Barcelona itself.
In the land of flamenco
Tourists in Salou are offered other popular excursions in Spain:
- Only a dozen kilometers separate Salou from Tarragona. In the old city, buildings from the times of Ancient Rome are still preserved. The main attraction is the Roman amphitheater, where the first public execution of Christians took place in the 3rd century. The exposition of the National Archaeological Museum is no less interesting. The cost of an organized excursion is about 30 euros, and the time will have to be spent from 4 to 6 hours.
- You can get to Montserrat Monastery on your own, but an organized excursion turns out to be more profitable in terms of money. The price for an adult is from 50 euros, for a child - from 35 euros. The trip will take at least 12 hours.
- The trip to Madrid, Toledo and Zaragoza will take two days, but the impressions of this excursion are usually unforgettable for tourists. The cost is from 220 euros for an adult and from 100 euros for a child's tickets.
- The times of bloodthirsty performances in Spain have long passed and today bullfighting is just a colorful performance with the participation of bullfighters and acrobats. Bullfighting tickets will cost 100 and 50 euros for adults and children, respectively. The price includes a Spanish lunch, a guided tour of the ranch and a welcome drink.
For fans of painting, a tour of Spain from Salou will seem interesting, the final destination of which is the Dali Museum in Figueres. After admiring the masterpieces of the great artist, the participants of the trip go to the Pubol castle, which Salvador Dali presented to his beloved and muse Gala. The price of the tour is from 60 euros, and it takes about 8 hours.
All prices in the material are given as of May 2016 and are approximate.
Children's paradise on the Costa Dorada
If you are on vacation with children, then the most popular excursion in Spain from Salou is a trip to the PortAventura amusement park. Its six thematic zones leave no visitor indifferent. In the park, you can find yourself in the Mediterranean and the Wild West, visit Mexico and the Middle Kingdom, visit the Polynesian islands and dash along Sesame Street.
For a long time, many structures in the park held the palm of the world championship in height, speed and other indicators. For example, the opportunity to free fall from a height of 100 meters in the thematic zone "Mexico" still delights brave men of all ages, and riding on the fastest roller coasters in the Old World even today does not leave fans of high speeds indifferent.
Restaurants in the PortAventura amusement park are of no less interest. They represent the national cuisine of many countries and, while on a tour of Spain from Salou, you can taste popular Chinese, Mexican, Italian and American dishes.
Prices and opening hours of the park are on the official Porta Aventura website - www.portaventuraworld.com.