- Airfield past
- How to get to Moscow from the airport
- Traveling with children
Ramenskoye airport is located 36 from Moscow and a few kilometers from the old Bykovo airport. It received international status just a few years ago. Then he was given the name Zhukovsky Airport - in honor of the town on the territory of which it is located. The reconstruction of the new Moscow airfield took place in 2014-2016. The airport was put into operation on May 30, 2016. The declared capacity of the new complex is 4 million people per year.
Zhukovsky airfield, despite the fact that only recently became a passenger air port, is known far beyond the borders of Russia for the fact that it includes the second longest runway on the planet. Airplanes, departing from Zhukovsky, have the opportunity to take a take-off run along a strip of 5, 4 km in length.
Zhukovsky Airport is known to all lovers of aviation and aircraft technology thanks to the largest International Salons, which are arranged every two years and gather many guests from neighboring and foreign countries. New items in the field of aircraft construction are presented here.
Ramenskoye airfield was founded in 1941 specifically for the newly created Flight Research Institute. At the local airfield, Soviet aircraft were tested, and subsequently analogues of the Buran spacecraft. Ramenskoye was also used by the Ministry of Emergency Situations and served as a base for freight carriers.
On March 29, 2011, the then prime minister of Russia, Vladimir Putin, proposed transferring all charter low-cost flights to Ramenskoye airport in order to slightly relieve the other Moscow airports Sheremetyevo, Domodedovo and Vnukovo and reduce the cost of tickets. The new terminal was built in record time. The opening of the airport was scheduled for March 16, 2016, but was postponed due to technical problems. The airport began operating on May 30, 2016. The opening ceremony was attended by Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.
How to get to Moscow from the airport
Zhukovsky Airport is not cut off from the world; public transport runs here regularly. The choice of a vehicle that will take you to the city is not great. Passengers can use:
- by bus # 441, which will take you to the Kotelniki metro station. The bus stop at the airport is located near the entrance to the terminal. The fare is 85 rubles;
- by a special shuttle to the Otdykh station, from where the Sputnik trains run to the Kazansky railway station. Passengers spend 60 minutes on the way. You will have to pay about 270 rubles for travel;
- by minibuses No. 2 and 6 to the station Otdykh. The further journey involves a train ride to the center of Moscow.
You can get to Moscow by your own or rented car along the highway leading from Zhukovsky to Novoryazanskoe highway, along which you should go to the Moscow Ring Road.
The airport does its best to make the passenger feel comfortable while waiting for their flight. If there are several hours left before check-in, then it is easier to check in your luggage in the locker. Suitcases weighing no more than 30 kg are accepted for storage. The baggage pick-up and drop-off staff will check the suitcases with a scanner and make sure there are no prohibited items in the bags. For storing a standard suitcase, they will take 400 rubles a day, for a large luggage - 1000 rubles.
What else might interest tourists traveling with luggage:
- packing bags in a protective film. This way the traveler can be sure that his bag will not be opened for criminal purposes and will not be damaged when loaded onto the plane. The suitcase will be covered with a film for 600 rubles;
- search for baggage. This service is located in the sector in front of the arrivals area. People come here if the suitcase did not arrive with the plane. To search for lost baggage, you need to fill out a special form;
- heavy baggage trolleys are available at the airport.
Traveling with children
Traveling with children is easy and pleasant if you know what to do with them during the flight. There are several places at the airport where kids can play, relax, eat, and meet their peers. In the arrival and departure halls, there are mother and child rooms, where there is a kitchen, changing tables, and a play area. Children under 7 years old are allowed here, accompanied by one of the parents. At the same time, you must present a certificate at the entrance, in which the doctor from the local first-aid post will indicate that the child is healthy. It is forbidden to carry bulky suitcases into the room of the mother and child. Pets will not be allowed here either.
If a child flies on a plane unaccompanied by an adult, the airline takes responsibility for him during the flight. He must arrive at the airport together with an adult guardian who has all the documents authorizing the departure of a small passenger. The airport authorities insist that an adult accompanying the child be in the terminal until the plane takes off.