- Infrastructure Vnukovo
- Traveling with children
- Where to stay near the airport
- How to get to Vnukovo
One of the four Moscow airports, the third in terms of passenger traffic, the capital airport after Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo is located 28 km from the center of the capital of Russia. This is Vnukovo airport, which employs 4,000 people. The airport has two runways, 3000 and 3060 meters long and 60 meters wide. The new Terminal A, built in 2010 and with 48 gates, can handle 7,800 flights per hour and over 20 million flights per year.
The construction of Vnukovo airport was approved by the country's government back in 1932. This air hub was supposed to be an alternative to the airport on Khodynskoye Pole, which was located near the center of Moscow and was closed in the 1980s. The Vnukovo-1 complex was opened on July 1, 1941. During the Great Patriotic War, it was used by the military. The first civil flights were made from Vnukovo after the war. Prior to the transfer of most of Aeroflot's international flights to Sheremetyevo Airport in 1960, Vnukovo was Moscow's main international airport.
Vnukovo Airport consists of several terminal complexes:
- Vnukovo-1. It is this complex of buildings that is used to serve domestic and international flights. It includes two terminals - A and D. Terminal D is now focused on receiving only selected domestic flights. It is equipped with equipment for screening passengers and their luggage after arrival. There is also a mother and child room in Terminal D. Terminal A is used to receive and send civil aircraft. Aeroexpress station is located on the underground floor under Terminal A;
- Vnukovo-2. The terminal used for servicing special flights is located 1.5 km from Vnukovo-1. It was opened in 1963 and since then has been used to work with the boards of the heads of foreign states and the top government of the Russian Federation;
- Vnukovo-3. Designed to serve VIPs.
Traveling with children
For kids and their parents, there are several cozy corners at Vnukovo airport where you can spend time while waiting for your flight. Terminal A has a children's waiting room for children of all ages. If the child is under 7 years old, only one adult can accompany him / her. If there are several small children in the family, then both parents are allowed into the children's waiting room. For kids, there is a play area with slides, tables where you can draw, build something from a constructor or play board games. There are also TVs where funny cartoons are broadcast. You can take a break from games and communication on comfortable sofas. For the little ones, there is a changing table and a cot. There is no charge for staying in the children's waiting room.
Terminal D has a mother and baby room, which also accepts pregnant women. You can stay here for no more than 12 hours. The mother and child will not be allowed into the room with their luggage. At the entrance, they will definitely require a certificate that the passenger is healthy and will not be able to infect other children. The certificate will be issued at the local first-aid post.
Where to stay near the airport
Transit passengers whose flight is delayed can be advised not to go to Moscow, but to stay in hotels located near the Vnukovo airport. There are few such hotels. Most passengers choose DoubleTree by Hilton Moscow - Vnukovo Airport, which can be reached via an underground passage directly from Terminal A. The hotel offers its guests comfortable rooms with windows overlooking either the forest or the runways. But tourists do not experience any inconvenience due to planes taking off, since the rooms are distinguished by increased noise insulation. The hotel has several conference rooms that business travelers will surely appreciate. A stunning panorama of the airport opens from the bar of the Sky Lounge Vnukovo hotel. By the way, this bar serves molecular cuisine.
Another wonderful hotel called "Crew" is located on the outskirts of the village of Vnukovo. From the airport you can walk to it in a few tens of minutes. The hotel is designed to accommodate a large number of tourists. There are 117 rooms of different comfort levels. From the Ekipazh hotel you can walk to the village of Vnukovo or to the shore of a beautiful lake.
How to get to Vnukovo
You can get to Vnukovo airport by private or public transport. By car from the city center, drive along Leninsky Prospekt to the south-western side, until the intersection with the outer ring of the Moscow Ring Road, where the M3 motorway begins. You can turn off this highway to Vnukovo International Airport.
Passengers can also get to Vnukovo by:
- Aeroexpress trains that connect the airport with the Kievsky railway station in Moscow. You can get to the airport in 35 minutes and 500 rubles. Trains start at 06:00 and end at 24:00;
- buses No. 611 and 611c, which take passengers in half an hour from the Yugo-Zapadnaya metro station. Buses arrive at the stop at Terminal D. The ticket costs 40 rubles;
- minibuses No. 45M, whose final stop is at the Yugo-Zapadnaya metro station. Minibuses go to the airport in 30-40 minutes. The fare is about 150 rubles. Baggage transportation must be paid additionally.